Read the five common myths about asbestos corrected:
- Once found it DOES NOT have to be removed unless it is dangerous by condition or position.
- You are not required to sample all materials in the workplace or even those likely to contain it.
- You do not have to carry out an asbestos survey because your landlord asks you to.
- White (Chrysotile) asbestos is potentially just as dangerous as blue (Crocidolite) or brown (Amosite) and has identical exposure restrictions.
- Asbestos is not a man-made product, but forms as fibrous rock around the world.
The Management Standards define the characteristics, or culture, of an organisation where the risks from work related stress are being effectively managed and controlled. The Management Standards cover six key areas of work design that, if not properly managed, are associated with poor health and well-being, lower productivity and increased sickness absence. In other words, […]